Administrative Assistant II
Starting Salary: $3,000 - $3,500/Month plus Full State Benefit Package
This position will provide administrative support for the Offices of Early Learning, Academic Support & School Finance & Organization.
Summary of Work
Join the ND Department of Public Instruction (NDDPI) team in carrying out our vision of helping to prepare our state’s students to be career and college ready.
The Administrative Assistant II position will provide direct administrative support and coordination to the Office of Early Learning, Office of Academic Support, and Office of School Finance & Organization. This position plays an essential role in providing support to multiple initiatives and projects, including Pre-Kindergarten Approval, Preschool Development, Head Start, Continuing Education grant, and Academic Content Standards established for North Dakota.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, manage, and prepare meetings and professional development trainings. This includes scheduling, coordination of logistics, preparation of meeting materials, development of agendas, taking meeting minutes, organizing conference calls or webinars, and meeting communication to stakeholders.
- Collect, compile, report, and send notifications on office program data.
- Create office documents utilizing Microsoft Office tools to be used for publication, distribution, and guidance for internal and external stakeholders.
- Update NDDPI website and internal intranet with office updates and project reporting.
- Coordinate the application process for content standards writing and review teams and perform initial screening of applications to ensure eligibility & authenticity.
- Provide communication and correspondence with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Process and track expense claims, grant awards, and contracts for professional development and support.
Provide office support, to include office records retention, routing documents, organizing mail, preparing and proofreading office documents, and assisting with newsletters.
This position requires:
- Associate's degree with coursework in office support, business, or related field and two years of experience performing a variety of complex office support, which included opportunities for functioning as a lead worker, team leader, or providing office or meeting coordination responsibilities.
- Additional work experience as described may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred experience and skills include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Meeting coordination and experience setting up meetings/trainings with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong sense of discretion and professionalism
All applications must be made via the ND Careers site. Paper or e-mailed submissions are no longer accepted. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM on October 23, 2019.
Only complete applications will be considered and must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
The cover letter and the application materials must clearly explain how your education, work experience and skills meet the minimum qualifications and relate to the job duties in the work summary.
Applicants who are residents of North Dakota and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include a legible DD 214 Form that includes character of service. A claim for disabled veteran’s preference must also include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran’s Affairs Office dated in the last year.
For more information, assistance or accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact Linda Gibbins at (701) 328-2262.