The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires State Educational Agencies (SEAs) to report to parents, communities, and the public, measures of quality for all public schools.
The purpose is to:
Today, the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction proudly releases the first iteration of the school dashboard. The school dashboard provides an opportunity for schools to showcase and highlight strengths in their building while providing transparency to the public.
- Support the SEA, Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), and school accountability systems,
- Engage parents and communities,
- Provide transparency of education policies,
- Uncover academic challenges and deficits, and
- Highlight areas in which SEAs, LEAs, and schools have made gains.
The school dashboard will continue to evolve and will be released again in February 2018.