North Dakota Century Code (NDCC) 15.1-07-34 requires school districts to provide eight hours of youth behavioral health professional development to all teachers and administrators each biennial cycle. The following information and guidance is provided to assist districts with professional development requirements and implementation.
- Youth Behavioral Health and Suicide Prevention Professional Development Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Youth Mental Health - UND Online Course
The University of North Dakota’s Professional Development for Educators program offers a
15-hour, online youth mental health training course, available to all North Dakota educators,
as well as educators across the United States.
- Trauma Sensitive Schools Curriculum Training (PDF)
A New Perspective on Student Behavior and Learning - Professional Development Opportunity
for ND Educators through the Regional Education Associations
- Traumatized Child: The Effects of Stress, Trauma & Violence on Student Learning
UND Online Course: an interactive computer-based instruction course designed to help you identify
and effectively teach students affected by stress, trauma, and/or violence. Course at a Glance
- I am Resilient: A course on Mental Toughness (PDF)
- School Responder Model - National Center for Mental Health & Juvenile Justice
Guidance From Existing Diversion Initiatives for Youth With Behavioral Health Needs