Any student who graduates from high school during or after the 2016-2017 school year is required to take and pass the Civics test as required by North Dakota Century Code 15.1-21-27.
Proof of having taken and passed the Civics test should be reported on the student’s transcript.
1) PowerSchool Users:
2) If you are using an electronic Student Information System (SIS) other than PowerSchool:
- A date field (mm/dd/yyyy) named “Civics Test” has been created in PowerSchool. The Civics Test field will be located on the State/Province ND screen on the Fall/Spring Membership tab. Once the student has completed the Civics Test, Admin users of PowerSchool will enter the date in the “Civics Test Passed” field. The date will be uploaded into the SLDS and then displayed on the eTranscript. The date will also appear in the header of the transcript within PowerSchool.
- It is recommended that you create a custom date field (mm/dd/yyyy) named “Civics Test” within your student data. Once you have created the custom date field, Admin users of your SIS would enter the date the student has completed the Civics Test.
3) If a student is exempt from taking the Civics test as a result of a decision made by their IEP Team:
If you need assistance, please contact the EduTech Help Desk at 1-880-774-1091 or email EduTech at email@example.com.
- The date field (mm/dd/yyyy) named Civics Test, should be filled in with the date in which the IEP Team made the decision.