- Resource Manual–The implementation of Effective Para-Educator Practices in Educational Settings is available at Paraprofessional Resource Manual.
- Special Education–Para-educator Modules – There are four modules that can be accessed with module 4 available upon request. Please contact the Office of Special Education at (701) 328-2277 to receive a paper copy.
- North Dakota Approved Assessments for Meeting Paraprofessional NCLB Requirements – Outlines the Para Educator NOW Professional Development Series and others.
- To obtain a certificate for a Speech–Language Pathology Paraprofessional an individual must complete an associate’s or bachelor’s degree which incorporates thirty hours of general college education, thirty hours of college education in speech-language pathology and a minimum of one hundred clock-work of fieldwork experience. The North Dakota Administrative Rule outlines these requirements.
- National Resource Center for Paraeducators – The NRCP’s mission is to address policy questions and other needs of the field, provide technical assistance and share information about policy questions, management practices, regulatory procedures, and training models that will enable administrators and staff-developers to improve the recruitment, deployment, supervision, and career development of paraeducators.
- Exceptional Child Online Professional Development System – Easily deliver evidence-based special education-related training to all staff who support students with exceptionalities. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills to better support the students you work with. In addition, learn effective behavior management strategies to address a wide range of individual student needs.
- For more information on professional development, please check the eight Regional Education Agencies (REA’s) websites below:
- Northeast Education Services Cooperative (NESC)
- Mid-Dakota Education Cooperative (MDEC)
- South East Education Cooperative (SEEC)
- Red River Valley Education Cooperative (RRVEC)
- Great Northwest Education Cooperative (GNWEC)
- Roughrider Education Services Program (RESP)
- Missouri River Education Cooperative (MREC)
- North Central Education Cooperative (NCEC)