We Still Need Your Input
Please share your thoughts on the WIDA Instructional Framework
There is still time for your feedback about the new WIDA Instructional Framework that will enhance the WIDA ELD Standards. Team up with colleagues and work as a group. Then, each person can take the survey to share your thoughts.
- Who: All stakeholders involved in language learner education
- What: Provide input on the draft WIDA Instructional Framework
- When: March 22 – April 20, 2018
- Why: To make sure this work meets your needs and those of your students!
Public Input Tip
Need an idea to get your colleagues involved in reviewing the resources and providing feedback? Here’s one to try.
- Have teachers work in pairs (ELL & content) to review the same draft.
- Content teachers critique the content connections and teacher/student actions.
- Language teachers focus on language functions and progressions.
- Come together for rich discussions and to share your observations.
- Remember to allow 15-20 minutes at the end for each participant to fill out the survey!
Supported System Requirements for ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 and WIDA Screener
WIDA 2018 Annual Conference
Come, grow, and connect at the 2018 WIDA Annual Conference, the largest conference anywhere dedicated to Prekindergarten through Grade 12 English language learner educators.
Providing access to the best resources, proven strategies, and connections to peers and experts needed to reinvigorate your practice. Early registration is running through May 31, 2018. Join us and experience how schools and communities empower one another. Here are the top 5 reasons to attend:
- Take part in a conference designed by teachers, for teachers
- Join the largest conference dedicated to the teaching and support of Prekindergarten through 12 grade language learners
- Learn something new
- Build lasting connections
- Have a blast!
North Dakota is now only using the WIDA Screener and K MODEL for the identification assessments of English learners. Test administrators for these two assessments MUST be trained prior to administering the assessments. The WIDA Screener training is located on the WIDA website. For MODEL training refer to the training videos on the CD included in your MODEL kit.
Access for ELLS 2.0
Score Interpretation Resource
Score report resources for 2017-2018 testing are now updated on the WIDA website. Click on the highlighted text below to learn more about:
Lesson Plans for talking with students about ACCESS testing and results
North Dakota EL Coordinator Monthly Meetings
The NDDPI has been hosting monthly EL Coordinator meetings via Adobe Connect. You are welcome to join the conversation. The meeting schedule is also on the NDDPI website.
The North Dakota Biliteracy Seal
The North Dakota Biliteracy Seal will be a positive opportunity for students. The NDDPI has run into a couple stumbling blocks but is committed to making this opportunity a reality for students. Our goal is to have the ND Seal of Biliteracy available in the 2018-19 school year.
Identification and Screening
North Dakota has identification and screening procedures in accordance with ESSA. Please review the new Identification and Screening Guidance document to ensure compliance for districts and schools.
WIDA Screener Webinars
WIDA and DRC are offering free live Q&A webinars on WIDA Screener. The webinars will be broken out into two different versions – one for online administration and one for paper administration. No advance registration is required. All of these webinars will be recorded and posted on the WIDA website once completed.
How to Chunk Instruction: Making Instruction EL-Friendly
Share Success or Ideas
- The ExcELing Educator will continue to spotlight schools, teachers, students or ideas. Please share your successes or ideas. Send them to Lodee Arnold.