Please make sure:
- The ACCESS 2.0 test window will open January, 23, 2017.
- Start Early—Do not wait until the last week of the test window.
- All English learners students are marked as LEP in enrollment
- Ensure all English learners from your school/district are entered into the WIDA AMS system and the district is ready for the 2017 test.
- Ensure the Technology Coordinator has completed the technology checklist and the district’s technology is ready for testing. Do not wait for this step as preparation is key to ensure a smooth testing process.
- AMS test setup is available until March 3, 2017. This is the time when test coordinators may go into the AMS and add accommodations, create or revise test sessions, or revise a student’s test to ALT Access or paper format.
- Start testing early, do not wait until the last week of the testing window.
- The testing schedule is available on the NDDPI website.
- WIDA is offering informational webinars on topics related to ACCESS 2.0:
- Quick Start TSM installation webinar is scheduled for January 19, 1:00-2:00 CST
- The full schedule of upcoming webinars is available on the WIDA website.
- A recording of each webinar topic is available on the WIDA website
- Test preparation training information is compiled into the State Checklist.
- Technology: DRC and WIDA Assessment and Information Technology teams have been working together to improve the reliability and usability of the delivery platform. TSM has upgrades from last year.
For registration information, please visit EL Professional Development page on our website.
- Formative Language Assessment: January 18-19, 2017 Courtyard Marriott-Bismarck
By analyzing observable learning interactions, participants will develop (a) a deeper understanding of factors that shape academic language development and (b) strategies to foster students’ engagement with language learning in disciplinary practices
- Purposeful Lesson Planning for Language Learners: February 28-March 1, 2017 Courtyard by Marriott-Bismarck
Participants will focus on creating contexts for meaningful language use within settings that integrate content and academic language learning
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
The new ELPAC committee has continued to work on recommendations regarding Title III and EL issues for North Dakota. The first round of recommendations have been approved by the ND ESSA committee. The ELPAC will be looking at data to make additional recommendations. You can review the first DRAFT of the North Dakota ESSA Plan on the NDDPI website.
Can Do Descriptors - Fillable Name Charts
The Can Do Descriptors Key Uses Edition, K-12, now have Student Fillable Name Charts. They are word documents that can be used by educators for various purposes in their instructional settings. These documents were generously created for WIDA by an educator in Eau Claire Area Schools. ?They are posted on the website in the Download Library.