For Immediate Release
Contact: Dale Wetzel, Public Information Specialist
North Dakota School Approvals Completed For 2017-18
BISMARCK, N.D., Nov. 22, 2017 – State Superintendent Kirsten Baesler announced Wednesday that the Department of Public Instruction has published its annual school approval report for the 2017-18 school year. State law requires all North Dakota schools to submit a compliance report to the NDDPI by Oct. 1.
Lists of approved and non-approved schools can be found here:
Since the 2011 Legislature, a school’s state aid depends on the submission of an annual compliance report attesting that the school meets all approval requirements. In the report, each school’s administrator attests that the school is complying with legal requirements, which include:
For more information, contact Gail Schauer, Director in the NDDPI Office of School Approval and Opportunity, at (701) 328-2755, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All teachers are licensed or approved to teach;
- All teachers are teaching in only the areas in which they are licensed to teach or have received an exception through the Education Standards & Practices Board;
- The school meets the curricular requirements identified in law;
- The school meets safety requirements as determined by the state fire marshal;
- All individuals hired after June 30, 2011 who have unsupervised contact with students have undergone a criminal history background check; and
- The school participates in and meets the requirements of a review process. (This element applies only to public schools)