NDDPI Seeking Applications for Summer Food Service Program

Facebook Twitter YouTube Print
For Immediate Release
Jan. 31, 2017
Contact: Dale Wetzel, Public Information Specialist
Office 701-328-2247
Cell: 701-400-8557
Email: dewetzel@nd.gov
NDDPI Seeking Applications for Summer Food Service Program

BISMARCK, N.D., Jan. 31, 2017 – The North Dakota Department of Public Instruction is seeking applications from organizations interested in operating North Dakota’s Summer Food Service Program. It provides meals to children when school is not in session.

Potential sponsors include residential summer camps, private nonprofit organizations, public schools, nonprofit private schools, and local, municipal, county, tribal or state government units. Eligibility rules require that at least 50 percent of the children who are served meals -- or who are living in the area -- must be eligible for free or reduced-price meals, based on local school or census data.

Potential applicants may contact Kaye Knudson, child nutrition program administrator at the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, by phone at 701-328-2275, or by email at ksknudson@nd.gov.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs, are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Program information also may be available in languages other than English.
To file a discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1)   Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
       Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
       1400 Independence Avenue, SW
       Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 
(2)  Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)  Email: program.intake@usda.gov.
 This institution is an equal opportunity provider.