Supports and Interventions
The NDDPI will provide support and interventions for selected schools using a multifaceted approach:
NDMTSS is a framework to provide all students with the best opportunities to succeed academically and behaviorally in school. This intervention provides high quality instruction matched to student need and frequently monitors progress to make decisions about changes in instruction and goals. The framework provides a pathway for effective coordination of services across systems and within schools. The five essential components of NDMTSS include the following:
- All schools selected for Targeted Support will be eligible to apply for a school support grant of approximately $50,000 each year selected for support. These funds are to help the school make improvements in the subgroups that led to the selection.
- All schools will be provided guidance and support including regional trainings to review requirements and opportunities, and a liaison in the Division of Student Support & Innovation assigned to provide technical assistance.
- NDDPI has developed a partnership with the North Dakota REAs to support North Dakota’s Multi-Tier System of Supports (NDMTSS) for all selected schools to implement the MTSS process through professional development, needs assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Data-based decision making
- Multi-level evidence based instruction
- Infrastructure and support mechanisms
- Fidelity and evaluation