Below is a list of sites that provide a wealth of information on Head Start programs in North Dakota and other states, child development and early childhood education, teaching, parenting, child care, day care, and other topics of interest to parents, teachers, and families.
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) - CCSSO brings together dedicated leaders and exceptional ideas to achieve measurable progress for every student.
- National American Indian & Alaska Native Head Start Collaboration Office (NAIANHSCO) - NAIANHSCO is committed to assisting Head Start grantees in developing collaborative partnerships that will help improve the quality of life for AIAN children and families.
- National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) - This organization works to prioritize the role of family child care and promote access, affordability and quality of early care and education.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) - NAEYC works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
- National Child Care Association (NCCA) - The mission of NCCA is to promote the growth and safeguard the interest of quality early childhood care and education focusing on licensed, private providers of these services.
- National Head Start Association (NHSA) - The mission of NHSA is to coalesce, inspire, and support the Head Start field as a leader in early childhood development and education.
- North Dakota Head Start Association (NDHSA) - NDHSA is a private not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to meeting the needs of Head Start children and their families across the state of North Dakota.
- Child Care Aware of North Dakota - This site is a training and information hub for child care providers and offers parents customized referrals to licensed child care options as well as insure that children have the opportunity to play and learn in a safe and healthy environment.
- Office of Child Care (OCC) - This office supports low-income working families through child care financial assistance and promotes children's learning by improving the quality of early care and education and afterschool programs.
- Soho Center - An organization that works to improve child care for children in communities across America by piloting innovative, cost-effective outreach, networking, and training strategies. They also develops materials that directly enhance children's literacy and school success with a primary focus on parents and child care providers.
Child Development and Early Childhood Education
- Department of Human Services Early Childhood Services in North Dakota - This site provides standards and training to providers of early care and education for children containing information for both parents and child care providers.
- Earlychildhood.com - This site features advice from experts in the early childhood field, creative projects, and a forum for sharing ideas.
- Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center (ECLKC) - ECLKC is a division of the Office of Head Start (Dept. of Health & Human Services, Administration for Children and Families) which provides valuable information and management services to Head Start programs.
- Early Childhood News - This site offers online resources for topics such as emerging practice, research, policy, care, and education for teachers and parents of children from infants to age 8 years.
- Early Childhood Research and Practice (ECRP) - ECRP is the first scholarly, peer-reviewed, bilingual open-access electronic journal in the field of early care and education. They publish research reports, literature reviews, essay, interviews, reflections, and commentary on emerging trends and issues by scholars and practitioners from around the world.
- Future of Children - This site provides information on critical issues related to children's well-being with an emphasis on providing objective analysis and evaluation, translating existing knowledge into effective programs and policies and encouraging constructive change in institutions.
- Let's Move Childcare - This website provides child care and early education providers the tools to help children develop healthy habits for life.
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, Early Childhood Special Education - This site provides policy, transition information, early childhood outcomes process and more.
- NDKids.Org - This site offers a wealth of information regarding many topics to include child development, care and services, daily life, family types, parenting challenges, play, special needs, taking care of yourself, etc.
Child Health and Health Care
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) - The AAP is a national organization of pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents and young adults.