(I) Summer Food Service Program

Facebook Twitter YouTube Print


Summer Food Service Program 
Press Release

Proposed Waiver Requests


Summer Food Sites


The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was created to serve nutritious meals to children when the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program meals are not available.  To ensure that all children receive the proper nutrition throughout the year, SFSP reimburses sponsoring organizations that prepare and serve meals to eligible children during the summer.  These meal sites qualify as:

OPEN SITES if at least half the children in the census area are eligible for free or reduced price school meals
ENROLLED SITES if at least half the children enrolled in the summer program are eligible for free or reduced price meals.

Sponsor Consist of:
  • Churches
  • Parks and Recreation Programs
  • Housing Authorities
  • Salvation Army
  • Boys & Girls Clubs
  • Schools
  • Subsidized Housing
  • Summer Camp Programs
  • Summer Enrichment Programs
  • Community Action Agencies

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.