College Early Entry

Facebook Twitter YouTube Print
Q: What is the difference between dual credit and early entry courses?
A: Students participating in dual credit courses earn both college credit and high school credit and can use those same courses to meet high school graduation requirements. Students participating in early entry coursework are ONLY receiving college credit. Early entry coursework is not used to meet high school graduation requirements nor is it factored into high school GPA calculations.
Q: How does a student enroll in early entry coursework?
A: A student interested in enrolling in college courses while in high school can enroll at NDUS colleges and universities as an early entry student. An early entry student only receives college credit for the college course. Contact the college or university website to apply as a high school student taking college courses. Tuition and fees are the same as those paid by other college students taking the course.
Q: Can early entry/dual credit coursework be sent out-of-state or to non-NDUS institutions?
A: eTranscripts are relatively new and not widely used or recognized at the national level; it continues to grow. It would not be usual for a college or university outside of the North Dakota University System to require that students request and pay for an official college transcript from each college or university from with you took an early entry/dual credit course.