nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
NDDHS logo
 arrow iconDHS Home arrow iconContact DHS arrow iconSkip Navigation Space

Community health center technical assistance grants available

December 10, 2004

BISMARCK, N.D. - Writing successful grants is a specialized skill. To help communities compete more effectively for federal funds for community health centers, the North Dakota Department of Human Services is making $20,000 available for technical assistance mini-grants to community organizations. North Dakota communities have until February 28, 2005 to apply for the funds, which must be used to develop grant proposals to establish or expand community health centers.

"Communities can use the mini-grants to hire grant writers or to secure other technical assistance. The goal is to help communities become more competitive as they seek funding from federal Health Center New Access Point grants or Expanded Medical Capacity grants," said department Executive Director Carol K. Olson.

The 2003 North Dakota Legislature included $50,000 in the human services budget to provide the technical assistance funds. To date, the department has awarded $30,000. The Community Healthcare Association supported the appropriation. The number of community health centers in North Dakota is growing. These centers typically serve low-income uninsured individuals and individuals living in remote areas.

Mini-grants may range up to $10,000 per applicant. To qualify, community organizations must be prepared to become community health centers and must be capable of leveraging funds to establish community health centers. Successful applicants must demonstrate significant planning and need.

To apply, community organizations must submit an application and provide a one-page narrative to the North Dakota Department of Human Services by February 28, 2005.

For information, contact Tom Solberg at (701) 328-1884.

Application Information:


Contacts: Tom Solberg, Department of Human Services, (701) 328-1884, or Max Morse, Community Healthcare Association, (701) 221-9824.


Return to the top of the page Top of page   Go back to the previous page Back to previous page

 Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Tested for W3C WAI AA Accessibility Tested for W3C Well-Formed XHTML Code Tested for W3C Well Formed Cascading Style Sheet Code