- ND Tier II Filing
L388 Advanced Public Information Officer class by the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is scheduled for March 23-27, 2020 in Bismarck.
|L388 Advanced Public Information Officer
Date: 3/23/2020 - 3/27/2020
Class will be held at the ND Department of Health Emergency Preparedness and Response offices
at 1720 Burlington Dr. beginning at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 5:00 p.m. each day.Course Description:
The Advanced Public Information Officer course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to establish, manage and work within a JIC through multimedia lectures and individual and group activities. The training allows participants the opportunity to apply advanced public information skills during a multi-day functional exercise (FE) designed to test the participants’ abilities to analyze, coordinate, process and create information in a fast-paced, realistic environment.
Through a tabletop exercise (TTX), participants evaluate their processes to help them generate new ideas, products, or ways of viewing challenges or situations as well as improve their processes ensuring every action has a measurable relevance for each identified audience, including senior leadershipCourse Prerequisites:
Proof of completion of pre-requisites must be submitted prior to class dates.
1. IS- 42 Social Media in Emergency Management
2. IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS) (or ICS course for specific specialty: healthcare, public works, etc.)
3. IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (or discipline specific course)
4. IS-201 Forms Used for the Development of the Incident Action Plan (Waived if ICS-300 completed)
5. IS-247.a: Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) (or either IS-248 Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) for the American Public or IS-251 Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) for Alerting Authorities
6. IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), an Introduction
7. IS-702.a NIMS Public Information Systems
8. IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction
9. G0289 Public Information Officer Awareness Training (or IS-29 PIO Awareness on-line course)
11. G0290 Basic Public Information Officers Course (or S203 Public Information Officer or E/L 952 All Hazard Incident Management PIO)
12. G0291 Joint Information System/Joint Information Center Planning for Tribal, State and Local PIOs (may be waived with written request of Course Manager).Target Audience:
The target audience for this course is public information personnel who have completed the prerequisites listed in the Prerequisites section above, and/or pre-course knowledge check. The “G” course prerequisites may be waived for those individuals who have extensive experience in public information activities. Written requests for waivers must be submitted to STO and/or National Emergency Training Center (NETC) Admissions Office.
A block of rooms has been reserved at state rate at the Expressway Suites, 180 E. Bismarck Expressway. Call 701-222-3311 and ask for the "NDDES Advanced PIO" block. NDDES will reimburse eligible candidates that travel more than 50 miles for hotel (state rate) and meal per diem. We do not cover mileage.
Contact Brenda Vossler
or Larry Regorrah
for any questions.