- ND Tier II Filing
|G 235 Emergency Planning
Date: 9/11/2018 - 9/13/2018
The Department of Emergency Services is hosting a 3 day Emergency Planning Course. This course is designed for emergency management personnel and their planning team members who are involved in developing an effective emergency planning system
This course offers training on
- How recent disasters have changed the way governments at all levels should plan.
- How CPG 201 helps the Whole Community look at Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment, which forms the foundation of all emergency planning and capability development.
- How the Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101 helps State, local, and tribal governments determine and structure their planning requirements,
specifically through a six step planning process.
- Relating emergency planning to National Incident Management System (NIMS) compliance and integration.
- Associating planning principles and concepts to the overall planning process, including methodologies to effectively use the planning process.
- Identifying how the steps in the planning process can improve both deliberate and crisis action planning
- Implementing the planning process model for future planning efforts.
- Determining which Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) format may be best suited to their jurisdictions.
An online pre-test will be a prerequisite for this training. Successful applicants will be provided instructions on how to complete this requirement upon acceptance.
The course will be conducted Sept 11-13, 2018 at the Quality Inn, 1030 Interstate Ave, Bismarck. The classes will be held from 8:00 to 5:00 each day. NDDES will reimburse qualified applicants meeting the defined audience criteria for their lodging and meals at the authorized state rates. A block of rooms have been set aside at the Comfort Suites , 701-223-4009, for the course under the title of "DES G235 Planning." The rooms will be available at state rate until Aug 29, 2018.
For additional information please contact Brenda Vossler or Larry Regorrah (701-328-8100)