Calendar of Events
All Hazard Safety Officer training will be offered October 31-November 3, 2017 at the Quality Inn (formerly the Comfort Inn), 1030 E Interstate Ave., Bismarck, ND. Class will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m. each day.
The goal of this professional development course, E-954 Safety Officer, is to provide local and state-level emergency responders with an overview of key duties and responsibilities of a Safety Officer Type III in a Type III AHIMT.
Course objectives include the following:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Safety Officer.
2. Describe several techniques that can be used to prioritize hazards for mitigation.
3. Demonstrate use of ICS Form 215A - Incident Action Plan Safety Analysis and ICS Form 208 HM - Site Safety and Control Plan.
4. Discuss the Safety Officer’s interactions with the Logistics Section.
5. Identify unsafe actions and situations, how to prevent those safety risks, and how to stop unsafe operations.
6. Describe the Safety Officer’s responsibility in dealing with accidents and special situations on an incident and during demobilization.
ICS 400 is recommended.
This class is approved for education credit by the ND POST Board and for ND EMS (ICCR).
NDDES will reimburse students traveling more than 50 miles for hotel and meal per diem according to state rates and state policy. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Suites, 929, Gateway Ave, Bismarck (701-223-4009). Ask for the "DES Safety Officer Training" block. Reservations must be made by October 16, 2017.
For additional information please contact Brenda Vossler or Larry Regorrah.
This site updated as of 11/20/2017.
Copyright ©2017 ND Department of Emergency Services