nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends

37-28-03. Payment of adjusted compensation for domestic and foreign service

Each national guard or reserve component resident veteran mobilized stateside is entitled to fifty dollars for each month or major fraction thereof for domestic service. Each national guard, reserve, or active component resident veteran of foreign service who received the expeditionary medal or campaign badge is entitled to one hundred dollars for each month or major fraction thereof. If the veteran received a purple heart for foreign service, the veteran is entitled to a payment of two thousand five hundred dollars in lieu of monthly payments for adjusted compensation related to the mobilization during which the purple heart was earned. If the veteran is deceased, the veteran's beneficiary is entitled to any payments under this chapter to which the veteran would have been entitled. Applications for adjusted compensation may be filed with the adjutant general through June 30, 2011, or in the case of a soldier mobilized on June 30, 2011, not later than six months after the end of the mobilization period of service.