Resident Student Status Defined (Service Member/Veteran)
In accordance with ND Century Code 15-10-19.1, para 2.d.
A "resident student" for tuition purposes means:
(1) A full-time active duty member of the armed forces;
(2) A member of the North Dakota national guard;
(3) A member of the armed forces reserve component stationed in this state; or
(4) A veteran, as defined in section 37-01-40;
It has been reported that some Veterans are not able to successfully verify their attendance through the WAVE system due to a glitch. There are two options available for those students that have to verify attendance.
- Using the GI Bill Website
- Or via phone: 1-877-823-2378
If the student cannot verify with either system due to glitches, they can reach the call center at 1-888-442-4551 and receive assistance.
Things to consider
Taking courses online? Find out if your school has been accredited by visiting AccreditedOnlineColleges.org!
Is your school military/veteran friendly and accredited? Check out Accredited Schools Online to find out!
Contact Rhonda Schauer, Director of the State Approving Agency, for more information on education benefits.