The Salvation Army in working with a grant through the North Dakota Coalition for the Homeless People has funding assistance for North Dakota Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. To receive supportive services under this program, you must be:
- A person who served in the military and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Not currently serving on active duty in the military.
- Veteran Family: A Veteran family is defined as a single person or a family in which the head of the household or the spouse of the head of household is a Veteran.
- Very Low-income: Your household income does not exceed 50% of the area median income (as adjusted). For example, the income of a family of four living in Cass County may not exceed $34,700 annually. See below for your regional income limits.
Current Housing Situation:
- Currently residing in permanent housing; (such as rental property, non-owner of property); or
- Currently homeless, scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location or development of suitable permanent housing; or
- Exited permanent housing within the previous 90 days in order to seek housing more responsive to needs and preferences.
Service provided by Salvation Army
- Case management
- Assistance in obtaining Veteran Administration benefits
Assistance in coordinating and obtaining other benefits which may include referrals to:
- Health care services
- Food pantries and other basic needs
- Personal financial planning services
- Transportation services
Temporary financial assistance of time-limited payments to third parties for;
- Security and utility deposits
- Emergency supplies
Click on the links under "Related Resources" to review regional income limits, then contact your regional case manager.
- Tri-County Region I Case Manager
- Souris Basin Region II Case Manager
- North Central Region III Case Manager
- Red River Region IV Case Manager, Alternate
- Lake Agassiz Region V Case Manager
- South Central Region VI Case Manager
- Lewis & Clark Region VII Case Manager
- Roosevelt-Custer Region VIII Case Manager
- Other contacts: SSVF Project Coordinator, SSVF Outreach Specialist
VSOs: Use the SSVF Agency Referral Form to request assistance.