nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends

HUD Home Repairs: North Dakota

Benefit Category: Federal

The programs and resources listed below help homeowners with home repairs and improvements.

Statewide Programs

Eastern North Dakota

Western North Dakota

  • Bismarck - Planning Department - (701) 222-6446
  • Bismarck - Community Action Program Region VIII - serving Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan and Sioux counties (701) 258-2240 or (800) 223-0364 or TDD (800) 366-6888
  • Dickinson - Community Action and Development Program - serving Adams, Billings, Bowman, Divide, Dunn, Golden Valley, Hettinger, McKenzie, Slope, Stark and Williams counties (701) 227-0131 or (800) 359-2243
  • Minot - Community Action Opportunities - serving Bottineau, Burke, McHenry, Mountrail, Pierce, Renville and Ward counties (701) 839-7221 or (800) 726-8645 or TDD (701) 852-3028
  • Williston - Community Action and Development - serving Divide, McKenzie and Williams counties (701) 572-8191

Visit the HUD website for more information

Discharge Requests

Most Veteran’s benefits require that applicants provide a copy of their Form DD 214 or discharge record, which is evidence of their veteran status. This is an important document and must be safeguarded. In the State of North Dakota separation documents are considered confidential and privileged NDCC 37-18-11 (13). National Guard members may receive a NGB22 and /or NGB23 upon obtaining 20 years of satisfactory service (20 year letter).