Hearing Aids Through the VA
- Must be Doctoring at the VA, and have your VA primary care provider refer you to audiology, based on you are unable to actively participate in you health care due to your hearing or.
- Have a hearing related VA Service connection, or.
- Have at least a 10% VA service connection and a referral from you VA primary healthcare provider.
North Dakota Department of Veterans Affairs Hardship Assistance Grant for Hearing Aids
The purpose of this assistance is to provide monies to give aid and comfort to veterans [as defined in NDCC 37-14] and their spouses, or un-remarried widow/widowers of eligible veterans.
The individual must have an unmet need of hearing, must be approved by the Commissioner of Veterans Affairs.
The following requirements need to be met to apply (DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED):
- Qualify as veteran or eligible dependent as defined in NDCC 37-14-01.1.
- Income and asset level. Income will be based on established indexes such as pension rates and poverty guidelines which will be reviewed annually.
- Must be a North Dakota resident for one year prior to application date.
- Medical bills showing all work completed, and all payments and credits must be received by the department within 60-90 days of the date of approval.
Contact your Veterans Service Officer to apply