- Must have a service connected Dental Condition or,
- Receiving Vocational Rehabilitation Services (Restrictions Apply) or,
- Be 100% or 100% Due to Individual Unemployability Permanent and Total
The purpose of this assistance is to provide monies to give aid and comfort to veterans [as defined in NDCC 37-14] and their spouses, or un-remarried widow/widowers of eligible veterans.
The individual must have an unmet need of dental and/or denture work (routine and maintenance procedures are not covered), needs to be approved by the Commissioner of Veterans Affairs.
The following requirements need to be met to apply (DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED):
- Qualify as veteran or eligible dependent as defined in NDCC 37-14-01.1.
- Income and asset level. Income will be based on established indexes such as pension rates and poverty guidelines which will be reviewed annually.
- Must be a North Dakota resident for one year prior to application date.
- Medical bills showing all work completed, and all payments and credits must be received by the department within 60-90 days of the date of approval.
Contact your Veterans Service Officer to apply
The North Dakota Department of Health’s Oral Health Program does not run dental clinics in the state, but provides support to selected agencies and organizations to provide dental care. This pamphlet provides information about the ways you may be able to find dental care for children and families.
VA Dental Insurance Program (VADIP)
The Veterans Health Administration has negotiated an agreement with MetLife and Delta Dental to provide dental insurance, at a discounted rate, to Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries. Participation is voluntary, and purchasing a dental plan does not affect Veteran’s eligibility for VA dental services and treatment. See below resources for more information.