- Nucleus of the NDVA originates with Chapter 281 of the 1927 Legislative Assembly.
April, Mr. Torger O. Kraabel appointed first Commissioner.
- July, Mr. Kraabel resigns to accept a position with the National Rehabilitation Commission of the American Legion in Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Romanus J. Downey appointed Commissioner
The Legislature establishes the Veterans' Aid Commission. The Commission is authorized to grant emergency loans in an amount not to exceed $50.00 a month for a period not in excess of six months for a total of $300
NDVA was created along with the Advisory Committee of Veterans Affairs (ACOVA)
An Act authorizing the counties to appoint a part-time or full-time County Veterans' Service Officer is passed
Emergency loan amount increased to $500
December, Mr. Henderson resigns to become Commandant of the North Dakota Soldiers Home
Mr. Lloyd F. Zander is appointed Commissioner
Legislative Assembly establishes the Veterans Postwar Trust Fund
June 30, Mr. Zander retires
July 1, Mr. Milton W. Kane appointed Commissioner
Soldiers Home name changed to Veterans Home
- July, North Dakota Veterans Cemetery opens
Hardship Assistance Program established
- April 1, Mr. Lonnie Wangen appointed as Commissioner