Border Sales Tax Workshops
North Dakota/Minnesota and North Dakota/South Dakota Border Sales Tax Workshops
The North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner teams up once per year with the South Dakota Department of Revenue and once per year with the Minnesota Department of Revenue to hold sales tax workshops for those who conduct business across the state border.
The workshops focus on:
- Where you need to register
- Major state law differences
- How the laws apply to different types of businesses
- Practical tips on how to manage Sales and Use Tax obligations for both states
- How, and when, to use or accept an exemption certificate
- Resources the states have available for use
When: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Where: Concordia College, Barry Auditorium in the Grant Center - 1310 8th Street South, Moorhead, MN
How to Register: Click on the session listed above, and fill out the registration form on the MN Department of Revenue's website (click on the green register button on their site).
North Dakota/South Dakota
When: Thursday, June 15, 2017
Where: SD Department of Revenue Office - 14 S. Main Street, Ste 1-C, Aberdeen, SD
How to Register: Click on the session listed above, and fill out the registration form. Please note that if attending both sessions, you will need to register for both separately on the SD Department of Revenue's website.