Income Tax Incentives
Wage and Salary Credit
A corporation doing business in North Dakota for the first time is allowed an income tax credit equal to:
- 1% of wages and salaries paid during the tax year for each of the first three tax years of operation, and
- ½% of wages and salaries paid during the tax year for the fourth and fifth tax years.
A corporation qualifies for the credit if it:
- did not receive a property or income tax exemption under N.D.C.C. ch. 40-57.1,
- was not created from a reorganization or acquisition of an existing North Dakota business, and
- is engaged in assembling, fabricating, manufacturing, mixing or processing of an agricultural, mineral or manufactured product.