North Dakota Department of Commerce Ambassador Program
Building a global business network for North Dakota's future.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
You can find all sorts of federal tax information, forms, and guidelines here.
- 2013 Small Business Roundtable Webinar
- The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a tax credit for people who work but do not earn high incomes. The EITC is a valuable tool helping eligible taxpayers to lower their taxes or to claim a refund. For more information, visit the IRS web site, www.irs.gov or use one of the following links:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance & Tax Counseling for the Elderly Programs
- Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File (Form 4868)
- Revised Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number – Headliner Volume 297, May 25 2010: The IRS discussed the revised Form SS-4 and that applicants must disclose the name and taxpayer identification number of the true “responsible party” for the entity requesting an EIN.
- Updating Incorrect Business Entity Information
- Change in Application for Employer Identification Number
- Use of Nominees in the EIN Application Process
The Federation of Tax Administrators
This is a national association of state revenue leaders. From the FTA site, you can find plenty of tax information on the different states. They have tax rate tables as well as links to other state tax departments.
Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource
This is a one-stop guide designed by IRS to assist employers with their federal tax and wage reporting requirements.
Streamlined Sales Tax System
The Streamlined Sales Tax Project is a joint effort of state and local governments and the private sector, to simplify and modernize sales and use tax administration.