nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
ndTax logo
Office of State Tax Commissioner, Ryan Rauschenberger : State of North Dakota
About Tax Dept. | Misc Forms/Pubs | Laws and Regs. | Links | Media Center | Newsletters Subscription
Home  | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us Meet the Commissioner | Mission Statement

rss for North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner YouTube North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner facebook logo rss for North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner
» Admin. and Research
» Alcohol
» Coal
» Corporation Income
» Estate
» Fiduciary
» Financial Institutions
» Fuels
» Income Tax Withholding
» Individual Income
» Oil and Gas Severance
» Property
» Sales and Use
» S Corp and Partnership
» Telecommunications
» Tobacco

» Disaster Relief
» Tax Incentives
» Tax Professionals

Career Opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
Miscellaneous Tax Forms and Publications

600 E. Boulevard Ave.
  Bismarck, ND 58505-0599
  701.328.7088 phone
  701.328.3700 fax
  877.328.7088 toll-free
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Beth Boustead, Public Information Specialist, 701.328.3039
Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fong: Tax Department Offers Help to Taxpayers Affected by Flood

BISMARCK, N.D. North Dakota Tax Commissioner Cory Fong reminds homeowners, individuals, and businesses affected by flooding and other weather-related disasters, to contact the Tax Department if they are having difficulty meeting their state tax filing requirements.

"The recent flood conditions throughout the state have affected many individuals, businesses, and residents," said Fong. "If taxpayers have been affected by the flooding and are having difficulty meeting filing deadlines, they can contact the Tax Department and we will do what we can to work with them on a case-by-case basis."

The Tax Department advises taxpayers to continue filing their returns using the established due dates. Taxpayers who lost their records and need a copy of their federal or state income tax return can contact the Office of State Tax Commissioner for a free copy.

"So far this year, the Tax Department issued extensions for filing state tax returns to taxpayers who have been affected by the Souris River flooding," said Fong. "We will continue to monitor all areas experiencing flooding and will inform the public of any additional state extensions or other options that may become available."

Individuals and businesses with questions or concerns about state filing deadlines, or need assistance with filing state tax returns, or have other tax-related questions are encouraged to visit the Office of State Tax Commissioner's web site at www.nd.gov/tax or call the Tax Department at 877.328.7088 or 701.328.7088.

Fong also mentioned that the IRS has available two helpful publications, Publication 547 Casualty, Disaster, and Theft and Publication 584 Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook which can be accessed on the IRS web site at www.irs.gov. The publications are designed to help homeowners and businesses affected by disasters such as flooding.

For more information about any federal relief or extensions, taxpayers should visit the IRS web site at www.irs.gov or call the IRS at 800.829.1040 for individuals. For businesses with federal tax-related questions, they should call the IRS at 800.829.4933.

# # #

Contact Info | FAQ | Disclaimer | Feedback | Privacy Policy | Taxpayer Bill of Rights | Voluntary Disclosure | State Holidays

XHTML Validation Link CSS Validation Link Priority 2 Accessibility Link