Income Tax Withholding Forms and Instructions
- New Business Information & Registration
- Income Tax Withholding and Sales/Use Tax Permit Application - (fill-in pdf)
- Income Tax Withholding Surety Bond - (fill-in pdf)
- Electronic Filing Information:
- If you need a large quantity of Form NDW-R, you may place an order by e-mail.Order Now
- Form NDW-R - Reciprocity exemption from withholding for qualifying Minnesota and Montana residents working in North Dakota - (fill-in pdf)
- Form NDW-M - Exemption from withholding for a qualifying spouse of a U.S. armed forces servicemember - (fill-in pdf)
- Form 306 - Income Tax Withholding Return - (TAXPAYER COPY) - (fill-in pdf)
- For use by registered employers filing income tax withholding. This is a taxpayer copy with instructions. Please file on an original preprinted 306 form provided by Tax Commissioner whenever possible.
- Form 307 - Transmittal Of Wage and Tax Statements - (fill-in pdf)
- Form 500 - Designation of Representative and Authorization to Disclose Information - (fill-in pdf)
If you would like us to mail the forms and instructions to you, use our information request form.
A copy of a previously filed state withholding income tax return may be obtained by submitting a written request. The request must contain the following:
- Name and current address of employer;
- Employer's federal employer identification number;
- Description of type of tax return (e.g., Form F-306);
- Tax period for which copy of return is desired; and,
- Employer's signature. The written request may be mailed to the above address or it may be faxed to (701)328-1942.