Income Tax Withholding Electronic Filing - Form 306
If you have completed an application and have a withholding account, you are eligible to register to electronically file your Form 306.
Withholding WebFile. The withholding return is submitted over the Internet and payment is made by an ACH Debit transaction. Registration for WebFile is completed on-line (See Getting Started below).
- Getting Started - WebFile – Instructions for on-line registration - (pdf)
- Withholding WebFile Instructions Guideline - (pdf)
- Access WebFile
Withholding E-File. The employer instructs its bank to make an ACH Credit payment to the State of North Dakota. The ACH Credit acts as the Form 306. Registration may be completed on-line using the WebFile System, or by submitting a paper application (Form 301-EF). Once registered for E-file, all you need to do to file a return is to send an ACH Credit transaction. Nothing needs to be sent in the mail or submitted online.
- Getting Started - E-File – Instructions for on-line registration - (pdf)
- Form 301-EF – Paper application for ACH Credit E-File - (fill-in pdf)
- Withholding E-File Guideline (ACH Credit) - (pdf)
Income Tax Withholding Electronic Filing - W-2s and 1099s
Withholding W-2/1099 Upload. Information is uploaded over the internet through our site in a text file using the file layout provided in publication EFW2 from the SSA for W2 files or Publication 1220 from the IRS for 1099 files (PDF files are not a valid format). Registration for W-2/1099 Upload is completed on-line (See Getting Started – Upload below). If you are currently registered for Withholding WebFile, you do not need to register for W-2/1099 Upload since you currently have access to this system via the Main Menu in the Withholding WebFile system.
- Getting Started – Upload – Instructions for on-line registration - (pdf)
- Withholding W-2/1099 Upload Instructions Guideline - (pdf)
- Access W-2/1099 Upload
Withholding W-2 Online Entry. W-2 information is keyed into our system over the internet through our site. Registration for W-2 Online Entry is completed online (See Getting Started - Online Entry below). If you are currently registered for Withholding Webfile or Withholding W-2/1099 Upload, you do not need to register for W-2 Online Entry. Your login and password will work for the new W-2 Online Entry System. The W-2 Online Entry Instructions Guideline will walk you through the process of using the W-2 Online Entry System.
- Getting Started - Online Entry - Instructions for on-line Registration - (pdf)
- Withholding W-2 Online Entry Instructions Guideline - (pdf)
- Access W-2 Online Entry
For information regarding electronic filing, please contact us: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call: 701-328-1257