Dude...Where’s My Refund?
Welcome to the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner's online refund status inquiry system. You can only use this system to check on the status of your North Dakota individual income tax refund. By entering certain information about yourself, you will find out if your return has been received, if your return is being processed, and the date your refund was released from our office. To inquire about sales tax refunds or other refunds issued by our agency, please go to the bottom of this page for contact information.
Refund status provided for:
- Current year original returns (Form ND-1 or ND-EZ)
- No amended returns are available. Amended returns are processed as quickly as possible. However, it may take 8 to 12 weeks or longer to process an amended return. Please do not contact our office about your amended income tax return refund until at least 8 weeks have elapsed.
Dude … Where's My Refund? It's Easy and Secure!
|When to check:||What you will need:||How:|
||Find out where your refund is at:
If you need help, visit our Refund Help page.
If you do not wish to submit your personal information electronically, you may call the Tax Department or submit a written request. Please allow the same amount of time as noted above before contacting the Tax Department.
When you contact the Tax Department, you will need to provide the following information to obtain assistance about your refund:
- Your name and current address.
- Your social security number.
- The tax year you are inquiring about.
- Filing status.
- Exact refund amount as shown on your return.
For individual income tax refund information:
- Call 701.328.1242
- Email email@example.com
- Fax a written request with your signature to 701.328.0331
- Mail a written request with your signature to:
- Office of State Tax Commissioner
- 600 E Boulevard Ave., Dept 127
- Bismarck ND 58505-0599
For Canadian residents inquiring about a sales tax refund, please click here.
For any other refund, please call taxpayer assistance at 701.328.7088.