Tribal Tax Agreements
- Tribal License and Reporting Requirements - (pdf) - Updated 1/10/2014
- Dealer and Retailer Tribal Agreement Filing Requirements - (pdf) - Updated 1/10/2014
- North Dakota Fuel Tax Rates - (pdf) - Updated 4/2/2008
Tribal Tax Licenses
- Tribal Application for Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax License - (fill-in pdf)
- Tribal Application for Special Fuel Tax License - (fill-in pdf)
Tribal Tax Reporting
Reports must be submitted electronically provided the person required to file the report is able to use an electronic format. Electronic reports will be accepted in either an Excel spreadsheet format or in an EDI format. An Excel spreadsheet template in the prescribed format is provided free by the Tax Commissioner. The Excel spreadsheet provides schedule compilation and format check capabilities to simplify the reporting process and reduce errors.
Standing Rock Tribe Report Forms
- Standing Rock Motor Vehicle Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
- Standing Rock Special Fuels Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
Spirit Lake Tribe Report Forms
- Spirit Lake Motor Vehicle Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
- Spirit Lake Special Fuels Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
Three Affiliated Tribes Report Forms
- Three Affiliated Tribes Motor Vehicle Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
- Three Affiliated Tribes Special Fuels Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
Turtle Mountain Tribe Report Forms
- Turtle Mountain Tribe Motor Vehicle Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
- Turtle Mountain Tribe Special Fuels Tax Report - (Excel) - Updated 2/7/2014
- The Fuel Tax Returns and Schedules listed above are to be used for report periods beginning or after July 1, 2007. If you need to file a return for a report period that is prior to July 1, 2007, please contact the Motor Fuels section at 701.328.3126 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have the correct form sent to you.
EDI reporting capabilities exist with some motor fuel accounting software packages. The registration forms, Excel templates for electronic reporting, and all applicable instructions are available on the Tax Commissionerís web site at http://www.nd.gov/tax/fuel/elecfiling/.
Companies that do not have the ability to file electronically must contact the Tax Commissionerís office.