nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
North Dakota State Surplus Property Division title

North Dakota State Surplus Property Division

skip to content
OMB Home
CSD Home
Surplus Property Home
Electronic Waste-GreenND
Unsalable Property
Herman Miller Disposal
Available Property
Law Enforcement (LESO)
Mailing Address:
Surplus Property
600 E Boulevard Ave. Dept. 15
Bismarck ND 58505-0608

Igoe Park #12
1278 Hemlock St.
Warehouse 12
Bismarck ND 58504

General Information:
701-328-9665 - Phone
701-328-9669 - Fax

Law Enforcement (LESO)

Section 1033 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 1997 authorizes the Department of Defense to transfer excess military property to state and local law enforcement agencies. The eligible agencies in law enforcement activities are government agencies whose primary function is the enforcement of applicable federal, state and local laws, and whose compensated law enforcement officers have powers of arrest and apprehension. Preference is given to counter-drug and counter-terrorism activities. If you have questions about the LESO 1033 program, please contact the State Coordinator, Alan Brinkman.

The 1033 Program has allowed law enforcement agencies to acquire vehicles (land, air and sea), weapons, computer equipment, body armor, fingerprint equipment, night vision equipment, radios and televisions, first aid equipment, tents and sleeping bags, photographic equipment and more.

Rules and Restrictions:

Application Procedures:


How to Find Available Items:

There are three methods of screening excess property from the Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services (DLA Disposition Services). The first is to physically visit a DLA Disposition Services location and look over the excess property displayed. In the Wash Post method, DLA Disposition Services assumes accountability for the item at the place where it has been declared excess, such as an Army post, and documents its release to an agency at that time. The third method is to request property from DLA Disposition Services' website. To leave this website and go to the DLA Disposition Services' website, click here.

For instructions on how to navigate the DLA Disposition Services' website please contact Alan Brinkman, 1033 ND State Coordinator, by email at abrinkman@nd.gov or by phone at 701-328-9665.

How to Turn-In/Transfer Property:

To turn-in property, complete the Turn-In/Transfer Property Form. To leave this website and go to the DLA Disposition Services' website, click here. Send the completed form by email to Alan Brinkman, 1033 ND State Coordinator, at abrinkman@nd.gov.


Helpful Links and Information

Privacy Policy
Security Policy