Glossary of Terms
- Bid Opportunities
- A notice of products or services an entity intends to buy from an approved bidder.
- Bidders List
- A list maintained by the State Procurement Office of bidders who are registered with the Secretary of State and the State Procurement Office in order to do business with state agencies and other entities in North Dakota via State Procurement Online.
- A product or service.
- Commodity Codes
- Numbering system established by the National Institute of Government Purchasing, Inc. used to identify the product or service category (Example: Printing = commodity code 965 and 966).
- Invitation for Bid
- Formal sealed solicitation for commodities and services awarded to the lowest responsible, responsive bidder.
- Request for Bid
- Informal bid request for low dollar commodities and services.
- Request for Proposal
- Formal sealed solicitation usually used for services and information technology awarded to responsible offeror with the most advantageous proposal in consideration of cost and other evaluation criteria in the solicitation.
- Term Contracts
- Contracts that establish a source of supply for a designated period of time.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org