Quality Assurance Program
The purpose of the Quality Assurance (QA) program is to provide complete service for seed merchandised as varieties, hybrids, brands or blends that are generally not marketed as certified seed. Program guidelines are very similar to certification guidelines and enable the seed producer to market seed with the assurance to each customer that the seed is of known purity and quality as verified by an unbiased third-party agency.
Objectives of the Quality Assurance Program
- provide coordinated, professional and unbiased field inspections, laboratory testing, and post-control growouts for quality control in seed production, conditioning, and marketing
- provide an unbiased record system to meet state and federal seed law requirements, assess royalties or research fees and to help solve potential problems with customers and seed suppliers
- provide a marketing image of sound quality assurance for selling products not using the certification program
- provide seed buyers assurance that the seed product has met genetic purity standards related a known description across seed lots and years of production
- facilitate product identification
- provide a liaison between genetic suppliers and producers.
Quality Assurance programs may be customized to meet the needs of the customer. Call for details.
Quality Assurance Guidelines >>