The Risk Management Division provides loss control services to implement effective safety/risk management/loss control practices. Included in these services are:
- Audits of state facilities to identify hazards where potential loss warrants prevention efforts; to assess the adequacy of current resources for loss prevention; and to evaluate programs currently in place.
- Providing standardized incident, notice of claim, and related reporting forms to facilitate reporting of claims, potential claims, unsafe conditions, and unsafe acts.
- Providing monthly reports to entities of their claims, lawsuits, and incidents to assist them to track their exposures and incurred losses.
- Publishing the Risk Management Manual as a resource on loss control. The Manual is published on the web, updated on a regular basis, and supplemented quarterly with Bulletins. To access the Risk Management Manual, click on the Manual button in the left hand column of this page.
- Sponsoring an annual Risk Management Seminar that focuses on identified exposures resulting in losses to state agencies. Topics addressed to date include: The Risk Management Process; Employment Liability; Contingency Planning; Records Management; Workplace Violence; Management of Risk Through Contracts; and Costs of Risk.
- Providing customized loss control training to include how to establish a loss control committee for your agency.