ONLY For Access To Personal Information On Peoplesoft
In an effort to protect improper access to North Dakota state employee personal information, the 2007 Legislature enacted SB 2260 (59 kb PDF) which contains an authorization for North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) division of the State Attorney General to process nationwide criminal history record checks for individuals who have access to personal information in State’s PeopleSoft system.
The Risk Management Division is responsible for coordinating the FBI background checks with BCI. To implement this policy, OMB Fiscal Policy 112 Employee Criminal History Background Checks (634 kb PDF) became effective August 1, 2007 for any new hire with access to HRMS/Payroll application; vendor information; state employee information such as home addresses, personal phone numbers, social security numbers or bank accounts; or one-time payment entry or inquire. To facilitate criminal background checks for individuals having access to certain financial or personal information on the PeopleSoft System follow the required steps outlined below.
Required Steps in the Background Check Process (129 kb PDF)
- ND Bureau of Criminal Investigation - Criminal History Background Checks
- ConnectND HRMS Security Access Request (SFN 54176)
- ConnectND Financials Security Access Request (SFN 54418)
- FIN/HCM Business Intelligence Security Access Request (SFN 59165)
- Information Release Authorization for Background Investigation form (SFN 58613)
- Fingerprint Card - Example of Required Fields (439 kb PDF)