TFFR Employer Online Instructions
Minimum requirements for printing: Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1
Go to http://www.nd.gov/rio
Click the TFFR link or the Teachers' Fund for Retirement picture.
In the menu bar on the left-hand side, click the red link labeled "TFFR Employer Online Services".
- You should now see the "Business North Dakota Login" page as shown below.
NOTE: The Login used should be a Business North Dakota Login and not one that you use for personal use. For example, if you have a Business North Dakota Login that you use for the DPI STARS web page, you would use the same Login here. If you are unsure whether you have a Business or Personal North Dakota Login, please click on the link "FAQ" for a brief explanation.
If you already have a North Dakota Login that you use for business, move on to step #12. If you do not have a North Dakota Login that you use for business, continue to step #6.
To create a new Business North Dakota Login, click the "Register Now" link and you should see the following page:
Fill out the form (Required fields are denoted with an * and must be filled in).
If you already have a North Dakota Login created for business or personal use, you will see a screen that states "Email Already Exists". Click the third option "Create a new account using the same email address" and click the "Continue" button.
You will be sent a confirmation email with your new Business North Dakota Login and another email with a link to activate the account. Click on the link in the email to activate the account and you will see a new screen come up. If you do not activate your account, and you try to log in, you will receive an error screen requiring you to activate your account before you can access the Employer Online Services.
Click the "Return to Login" button.
Enter your Business North Dakota Login and Password.
- You should now see the following CPAS page asking for your TFFR Employer Account ID and Password.
NOTE: For the next steps, we refer to "first user" and "subsequent users" for each employer. The first user is the Employer's Business Manager who received the letter from TFFR containing the TFFR Employer Account ID and initial password. Subsequent users are any additional users that access TFFR Employer Online Services.
If you are the first user to log in, continue to step #15. If you are not the first user to log in, skip to step #16.
Enter your TFFR Employer Account ID and Password (provided in the letter TFFR sent to you).
When the first user logs in for the first time, the first user will be prompted to change the password. You will need to enter the current password first, then type in your new password and confirm it. Click the "Submit" button and the first user will be automatically approved to use TFFR Employer Online (see Web User Status link).
The password is established for the employer, not the individual. If there are mutiple employees (subsequent users) that will access this account, they will each have to establish their own Business North Dakota Login and Password. They will then log into TFFR Employer Online Services using the password the first user established.
- For subsequent users to log into the TFFR Employer Online Services, they will each need to get and enter the Employer Account ID and Password from the first user.
A subsequent user entering TFFR Employer Online for the first time will receive a message stating "Your account is pending approval, an email notification will be sent to you when the status of your account changes." At the same time, any approved user will receive an email stating "A new contact has tried to log in to TFFR Employer Online Services. Please verify who the user is and if they require access, change their status to Approved," under Web Status User link.
Once an approved user has logged in and changed your status to approved, you will receive an email stating "Your account has been approved to access TFFR Employer Online Services. Please try to log in again. If you have any further issues, please contact your Business Manager (first user)."
Once approved, you can access the TFFR Employer Online Services page by entering both your Business North Dakota Login and Password and the TFFR Employer Account ID and Password.
- Future visits to TFFR Employer Online Services will require you to enter both your Business North Dakota Login and Password and your TFFR Employer Account ID and Password.
TFFR Employer Online Functionality Links
Here is a brief description for each functional link on the left-hand side:
- Employer Demographics - Contains Employer Name, Number, Address, Phone, Fax, Email, and Employer Payment Model History
- Upload History - Lists all the files uploaded using TFFR Employer Online Services.
- Contribution Upload - Allows user to select the file to be uploaded and submitted.
- To upload a file:
- Click on the Contribution Upload link on the left-hand side.
- Click the Browse button and a screen will pop-up. Select the location of the file, click on the file to be uploaded and click the Open button.
- The file selected will appear in the file text box.
- Click the Submit button. A message will appear stating "Import in progress. Please wait for the upload results to appear."
- Once the file is uploaded it will appear on the top row of the Upload History page
- Employer Contacts - Lists the Employer contacts used by TFFR. This contains all the demographics for each Employer Contact (Names, Address, City, State, Phone, Fax, and Email). User may edit and delete contacts from this page.
- Add Contact - Add new Employer Contacts on this page.
- Web User Status - Lists the individuals that are Web Users to the TFFR Employer Online Services. An approved web user will be allowed to approve or lockout another user. Please note that Web Users and Employer Contacts are not the same. For example, there may be a person listed as an Employer Contact but not as a Web User. As mentioned earlier, Employer Contacts are used by TFFR.
- Keep in mind that there are 3 different types of "status" for each web user:
- Approved - If the status for the user is "Approved," the user has access to the online services. An approved user may also change a pending status to approved, change an approved status to locked, and a locked status to approved.
- Pending - If the status is "Pending," this means a new user has tried to access the online services and their status is pending approval. An approved user can change a pending status to approved.
- Locked - If the status is "Locked," this user will not have access to the online services. An approved user can change the status to locked to remove online access if a web user leaves employment. The locked status will also occur if a user incorrectly enters a password three times.
TFFR Employer Online Navigation Links
Here is a brief description for each navigation link:
- Print - Allows user to print screens/information from Employer Demographics, Upload History, Employer Contacts, and Web User Status.
- Switch Employer - If user is associated with more than one employer, the user can log into one employer and then switch to a different employer by clicking the Switch Employer button.
- Change Password - Allows approved users the ability to change the password. Change password for added security if someone leaves employment.
- Logout - User will be logged out and returned to the Business North Dakota Login page. You will have to enter both your Business North Dakota Login and Password and the TFFR Employer Account ID and Password to log back into TFFR Employer Online Services.
- Help - Has information for user to contact RIO if they have problems.