Retirement and Investment Office
The North Dakota Retirement and Investment Office (RIO) was established in 1989 to coordinate the activities of the State Investment Board (SIB) and the Teachers' Fund for Retirement (TFFR) as stated in Section 54-52.5-01 of the North Dakota Century Code
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- SIB clients receive cost effective investment services directed at meeting their written financial goals under the Prudent Investor Rule.
- SIB clients receive investment returns consistent with their written investment policies and market variables.
- Potential SIB clients have access to information regarding the investment services provided by the SIB.
- TFFR benefit recipients receive their retirement benefits in a cost effective and timely manner.
- TFFR members have access to information which will allow them to become knowledgeable about issues and process of retirement.
- SIB clients and TFFR benefit recipients receive satisfactory services from the boards and staff of the office.