Bismarck Airport - Bismarck, ND
December 10, 2013
- Chair Bill Butcher, called the meeting to order at 11:05 a.m. Board members present: Rick Schuh, Mike Stensrud, Arland Rasmussen, and Jerry Kemmet. Darcy Fossum and John Shorey were absent. Others present: Francine Johnson, Cheryl Kruger, and Dean Wawers
- The minutes from the August 2013 meeting were reviewed. Arland Rasmussen made the motion to accept the minutes and Jerry Kemmet seconded it. M/S/C.
- The financial report was presented. Board members reviewed the financial reports. As of November 30, 2013 total current assets were $204,479.72. Expenses were $4,664.47, and net income was $116.53. Motion was made by Mike Stensrud to approve the financial report. Second by Jerry Kemmet. M/S/C. Francine was directed to ask Edward Erickson to create verbiage for potential legislation regarding a change in fee structure should the board decide to make this change. A motion was made by Jerry Kemmet to move $40,000.00 from the checking account into a CD. Second by Mike Stensrud. M/S/C.
- Francine and Cherylís wages were discussed while they were absent from the room. The Board determined that Cheryís wages would increase to $15.00 per hour and Francineís salary would increase by 20%. The salary adjustments will take effect January 1, 2014. Additionally, the Board will review wages on an annual basis. The wage review and election of officers are to occur at each November meeting. Compliance officers were also discussed. Francine and Cheryl were directed to create a proposal detailing a job description and outline compliance officer responsibilities at the next meeting.
- FBI audit results were given by Francine Johnson. The Board was not in compliance with sending criminal results to the agency. The agency is not authorized to receive these results. The forms have been adjusted and only the applicant is allowed to receive the criminal record results. The applicant must provide a written request for a copy of his/her record. The FBI and BCI were satisfied with these changes made to the Boardís previous notification letter.
- Richard Anderson update was given by Cheryl. His last payment was made in July for $119.00. He currently owes $738.90 in addition to a $19.00 insufficient fund fee. A motion was made by Arland Rasmussen for NDPISB to seek out all legal avenues to gain the money owed by Anderson, including legal consultation with the States Attorney Office. Second by Rick Schuh. M/S/C. Edward Erickson will also be informed of this action.
- The Board was informed that Pro Dog had failed to make their November payment as outlined in the settlement agreement. On 12-9-13, they did pay that outstanding balance but are currently $4000.00 delinquent for the December payment. A new complaint was received regarding an unregistered employee. The Board directed Francine Johnson to investigate the matter and return the results to the board at the next meeting.
- Dean Wawers presented a security study guide and exam. The board will review the guide. Cost for creating the study guide and exam is $893.37 at $15.00/hr. A motion was made by Mike Stensrud to approve the bill for payment. Second by Jerry Kemmet. M/S/C. Another motion was made by Mike Stensrud authorizing Dean Wawers to create a study guide and exam for the Private Investigator at $20 per hour. Second by Jerry Kemmet. M/S/C. Dean Wawers will have revisions by the May 2014 meeting.
- Spectrum Investigations License reinstatement request was presented to the Board. The Board denied the request and indicated the individual will have to retest and apply as a new applicant since the licenses had expired. The company will be notified of this decision.
- The Board was informed that Phillips Security had paid their fine and is in compliance with the terms of their settlement agreement.
- The Board was informed that Chris Rhoades had not responded to the settlement agreement drafted by Edward Erickson. The office will inform Mr. Rhoades he is no longer licensed to conduct business in the state and his actions will affect any future application with the Board.
- Kleinbard Bell & Brecker requested an applicability determination from the Board. The Board determined that the matter should be referred to the AG office for an opinion on the matter.
- Mike Stensrud informed the Board that two companies are not currently licensed or in compliance with the state. He indicated that Garda has subcontracted with Armored Knights to conduct armored car services in the state. Letters to both companies will be sent regarding this matter and the Secretary of State will also be informed.
- The next meeting will be February 25, 2014 at the Bismarck Airport conference room. Jerry Kemmet made the motion to adjourn the meeting and Mike Stensrud seconded it. M/S/C. Meeting adjourned at 1:50 p.m.
Return to Top of Page
NDPISB News | About Us | Board Meeting
Schedule | Board Members
PISB Executive Director | Minutes of Last Meeting
Eligibility and Licensing Requirements | Application and Registration
Frequently Asked Questions | ND Century Code: 43-30 | Title 93: Administrative Rules
License Holders | Upcoming Events | Home