Bismarck Airport - Bismarck, ND
November 17, 2015
- Chair Bill Butcher, called the meeting to order at 11 :30 a.m. Board members present:
Bill Butcher, Mike Stensrud, Dennis Bullinger, Rick Schuh, Nancy Miller and Jerry
Kemmet. John Shorey was absent. Others present: Executive Director - Francine
Johnson, NDPISB Office Assistant - Cheryl Kruger, Bismarck Deputy Chief Randy
Ziegler, Bill Gordon of Advance Security, and Legal Counsel for the Board - Monte
- The minutes from the August 2015 meeting were reviewed. Mike Stensrud made the
motion to accept the minutes. Second by Jerry Kemmet. M/S/C
- The financial report was presented by Cheryl Kruger. As of October 31, 2015, current
checking account balance was $116,308.12 and CD's were $120,975.88. Income was
$7,422.00 and expenses were $9,576.99. The net loss was -$2,154.99. The total assets
were $234,712.40. Motion was made by Jerry Kemmet to approve the financial report.
Second by Mike Stensrud. M/S/C.
- Due to John Shorey's absence, the budget will be completed before December 31,
2015 and a teleconference will be held to approve. Francine Johnson will inform John
about doing a budget every year instead of two years.
- Bismarck Deputy Chief Randy Ziegler has submitted his application to the Governor
for appointment as a representative of law enforcement to replace Dennis Bullinger. This
being Dennis Bullinger's last meeting as a board member, he was thanked for his service.
- A report on the IASIR Conference was given by Cheryl Kruger. The conference was
held in New Orleans, LA. Topics based on the security and PI role in the days following
Hurricane Katrina were discussed along with issues with the marijuana industry, websites
used in investigations, and electronic fingerprinting.
- Monte Rogneby reported on a letter he has sent to the AG on behalf of the board
asking for an opinion on whether an out-of-state or in-state peace officer must be on
inactive status in order to be licensed/registered with the Board; whether an active duty
military police officer may be licensed/registered with the Board; and whether an active
peace officer must surrender his/her already issued registration/license card immediately.
Assistant Attorney General Mary Ann Kelsch would like Monte's opinion before issuing
an opinion from the AG. New applicants that the Board receives that are active law
enforcement will be pending until the Board receives an AG opinion. Monte will draft a
letter to inform potential applicants that the NDPISB is working on the process. Monte
Rogneby left the meeting at 12:40 p.m.
- Salary/wage reviews for Francine Johnson and Cheryl Kruger were discussed. It was
decided to give them a 4% wage increase to take effect January 1, 2016. A motion was
made by Rick Schuh and second by Jerry Kemmet. M/S/C
- Bill Gordon of Advance Security had questions on provisional registrations cards. It
was explained to him that a provisional card is a temporary card that expires without
further action by the board on the date the board receives the results of the nationwide
criminal history record check on the applicant. In order to receive a provisional
registration card, the, Agency must submit a clear North Dakota BCI record along with
the application, prints, and fees to the NDPISB office. It was also explained to him that a
provisional apprentice card only requires an officer to work with supervision until the 12
hours of classroom instruction OR field training is met.
- An election of officers was held. There was a motion by Rick Schuh and seconded
by Dennis Bullinger to keep the current officers; Chairman - Bill Butcher, Vice Chair -
Jerald Kemmet, and Treasurer- John Shorey. M/S/C
- The next meeting is scheduled for February 23,2016 at the Bismarck Airport.
- A motion by Rick Schuh was made to adjourn the meeting. Second by Mike
Stensrud. M/S/C Meeting was adjourned at 1:10 p.m.
Return to Top of Page
NDPISB News | About Us | Board Meeting
Schedule | Board Members
PISB Executive Director | Minutes of Last Meeting
Eligibility and Licensing Requirements | Application and Registration
Frequently Asked Questions | ND Century Code: 43-30 | Title 93: Administrative Rules
License Holders | Upcoming Events | Home