Bismarck Airport - Bismarck, ND
August 25, 2015
- Chair Bill Butcher, called the meeting to order at 11:05 a.m. Board members present: Bill Butcher, Mike Stensrud, Dennis Bullinger, Rick Schuh, Nancy Miller and Jerry Kemmet. John Shorey was absent. Others present: Executive Director – Francine Johnson, NDPISB Office Assistant – Cheryl Kruger, Cody Johnson – representing Tesoro, and Bill Gordon of Advance Security, and Monte Rogneby.
- The minutes from the May 2015 meeting were reviewed. Jerry Kemmet made the motion to accept the minutes. Second by Mike Stensrud. M/S/C
- The financial report was presented by Francine Johnson. As of July 31, 2015, current checking account balance was $86,390.21. Income was $4759.00 and expenses were $8,432.08. The net income was $-3673.08. The total assets were $203,841.93. Motion was made by Jerry Kemmet to approve the financial report. Second by Rick Schuh. M/S/C.
- Cody Johnson, manager at Tesoro, was interested in being appointed to the Board. He stated there is currently no representation from proprietary security. It was stated that Tesoro currently does contract security. He submitted an application to the Governor. Bill Butcher stated that there were recent Board openings, but they have been filled. It was suggested that he consider consulting the Board instead of a member. No action will be taken at this time.
- Monte Rogneby was introduced to the Board and is the Board’s legal support. The Attorney General will send a letter and Oath of Office naming Monte Rogneby as the legal counsel. There was a motion by Nancy Miller for Bill Butcher to authorize the agreement with Monte and the Board once the paperwork is received. Second by Jerry Kemmet. M/S/C
- There was a discussion on the opinion received from Edward Erickson concerning out of state law enforcement working as Security Officers in North Dakota and active Military Police working as Security Officers. It is unclear if it was an AG opinion. John and Chantel Shorey submitted a letter from their attorney stating that out of state law enforcement can work as Security Officers in North Dakota. They requested an AG opinion on the matter. Monte stated that there may be issues surrounding registrations that were returned. It was noted that the Board was following legal counsel’s advice. A motion was made by Jerry Kemmet to authorize Monte to get a formal AG opinion on active out of state law enforcement working as security in North Dakota and an opinion on registering Military Police as security. Second by Rich Schuh. M/S/C
- Francine Johnson gave a report of the audit. The report was mailed to all the board members and the State Auditor’s office. The Board had no issues regarding the current audit. The next audit will be in 2 years. Motion by Mike Stensrud to accept the audit. Second by Rick Schuh. M/S/C
- Cheryl Kruger requested attendance to the IASIR Conference, November 11 – 13, 2015 in New Orleans. Francine Johnson stated that IASIR provides resources and ideas internationally for Security and Investigative Regulators. A motion was made by Jerry Kemmet to approve Cheryl Kruger’s attendance. Second by Mike Stensrud. M/S/C
- Dennis Bullinger will advise the Board who his replacement will be at the next meeting in November. As of now, there is only one applicant.
- The next meeting is scheduled for November 24, 2015 at the Bismarck Airport has been rescheduled to November 17, 2015.
- A motion by Jerry Kemmet was made to adjourn the meeting. Second by Rick Schuh. M/S/C Meeting was adjourned at 1:10 p.m.
Return to Top of Page
NDPISB News | About Us | Board Meeting
Schedule | Board Members
PISB Executive Director | Minutes of Last Meeting
Eligibility and Licensing Requirements | Application and Registration
Frequently Asked Questions | ND Century Code: 43-30 | Title 93: Administrative Rules
License Holders | Upcoming Events | Home