Contact us at:
1401 College Drive North
Devils Lake, ND 58301
- V/TTY: 701.665.4400
- Toll Free: 1.800.887.2980
- Fax: 701.665.4409
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The North Dakota School for the Deaf/Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NDSD/RCDHH) serves children deaf/hearing impaired children from birth through age twenty-one (21) and adults. All children residing within the state of North Dakota, who are enrolled at NDSD/RCDHH will be provided a free education based upon a completed individual education plan.
- Residential Programming
- The North Dakota School for the Deaf/Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing provides a comprehensive residential living program for students who live too far from campus. The program offers a home-like environment where educational, recreational, and counseling experiences are provided by a qualified staff. NDSD/RCDHH provides weekly homegoing transportation.
- Instructional Programming
- Students attending the North Dakota School for the Deaf/Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing obtain their high school diploma or certificate of completion in accordance with their Individual Education Program (IEP) from Devils Lake High School. Class placement (preschool through 8th grade) and mainstreamed options will be determined via IEP. Graduation requirements are set forth by state law.
- Extra Curricular and Recreational Activities
- Students may choose to participate in a number of extra curricular activities as long as they meet the eligibility requirements, including those of the North Dakota High School Activities Association.
- Grading System
- The North Dakota School for the Deaf/Resource Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing monitors the growth and progress of students in academic and vocational coursework as well as dormitory living.
- Medical Needs
- Health services provided by a professional health care staff, focus on the total wellness of the student. Local eye, dental, and medical facilities allow the school to assist families in providing complete health care services to the enrolled students.
- Student Handbook
- The Parent/student handbook is a summary of services NDSD/RCDHH offers. For additional information or clarification please refer to NDSD/RCDHH policy/procedure manual or contact administration.