|Home : Companies : Company licensing : Organizations or joint underwriters
Organizations or joint underwriters
Application for licensing as an organization or joint underwriter
In order to register as an advisory organization, under the provisions of Section 26.1-25-10 of the North Dakota Century Code, organizations must submit the following information:
- A copy of its constitution, its articles of agreement or association or its certificate of incorporation, and of its by-laws, rules and regulations governing the conduct of its business.
- A list of its members and subscribers.
- The name and address of a resident of this state upon which notices or orders of the commissioner or process issued at the commissioner's direction may be served.
- An agreement that the commissioner may examine the advisory organization in accordance with section 26.1-25-12.
- State specifically the type of organization (corporation, unincorporated association, partnership or individual.)
- A copy of your latest Examination Report.
- State the specific kinds of insurance or sub-divisions thereof for which the applicant wishes to act as an advisory organization.
In addition to the above-referenced materials, organizations or joint underwriters must also fill out and sign an Joint Underwriters Application.
Annual renewal requirement
The license of an organization or joint underwriter is perpetual but must be renewed by May 1 of each year by submitting a $50 renewal fee made payable to the North Dakota Insurance Commissioner. The renewal fee with accompanying cover letter must be postmarked on or before May 1.
Confirmation will not be returned unless a copy of the cover letter is included, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
If you have any questions regarding this requirement, please contact:
ND Insurance Department
State Capitol, fifth floor
600 E. Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58505-0320