BISMARCK, N.D.-North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm reminded Medicare beneficiaries today that the Medicare Part D annual enrollment period ends Friday, Dec. 31.
"Beneficiaries have just a few days left to compare their Medicare Part D plans," Hamm said. "It's important to check your plan every year to make sure your prescriptions are covered under your 2011 plan and that your pharmacy accepts that plan."
Eligible North Dakotans can use medicare.gov's Prescription Drug Plan Finder to compare plans, or they can call the Department at 1-888-575-6611. Once a comparison is done and a plan is chosen, enrolling is easy.
• Enroll directly with the plan by calling the plan's toll-free number
• Call their insurance agent
• Go to www.medicare.gov or call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227
• Call RSVP at 701-258-5436 12:30-3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
• Call the Department's State Health Insurance Counseling (SHIC) Program at 1-888-575-6611
Beneficiaries who are satisfied with the plans they have do not have to do anything-they will be re-enrolled automatically.
For more information, call SHIC at 1-888-575-6611 or visit www.nd.gov/ndins.