BISMARCK, N.D.-North Dakota Insurance Commissioner Adam Hamm reminded Medicare beneficiaries today that the Medicare Part D annual enrollment period ends Thursday, Dec. 31.
"It's important for beneficiaries to make sure their prescriptions are covered under the plan they choose for 2010 and that the plan is accepted by their preferred pharmacy," Hamm said.
Eligible North Dakotans can call 2-1-1 through Dec. 15 to compare their current plans with 2010 plans. After answering a few questions, a customized comparison will be sent to callers. Once a plan is chosen, enrolling is easy. Beneficiaries can:
• Enroll directly with the plan by calling the plan's toll-free number
• Call their insurance agent
• Go to www.medicare.gov or call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227
• Call RSVP at 701-258-5436 12:303:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
• Call SHIC at 1-888-575-6611
North Dakota Medicare beneficiaries have 46 plans to consider. Beneficiaries who are satisfied with the plans they have do not have to do anything-they will be re-enrolled automatically.
For more information, call SHIC at 1-888-575-6611.