1/1/14 - 9/14/14
WEATHER-RELATED TRAFFIC EVENTS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: FEBRUARY 11, 2013
Fargo, N.D. – Several weather-related traffic events occurred last weekend in the North Dakota Highway Patrol’s Southeast Region. From February 9 into the evening of February 10, troopers investigated 18 crashes, five involving injuries. Approximately 50 vehicles were assisted after becoming stranded.
- A one-vehicle rollover on I-94 involved three minor injuries at 8:36 p.m.
- A chain reaction crash on I-94 involved five commercial motor vehicles and two passenger cars at 10:37 p.m. Three minor injuries resulted.
- A one-vehicle rollover on Co. Rd. 8 near Galchutt occurred at 11:54 p.m. One occupant was unrestrained and ejected in the crash, suffering significant injuries. The other occupant was wearing a seat belt, remained in the vehicle during the crash, and walked away with no injuries.
- At 1:15 p.m. a car driven by a 21-year-old from Abercrombie was southbound on I-29 at the 32nd Ave. exit in Fargo. The driver failed to maintain control of the vehicle and struck the road closure gate. The road closure gate was deployed at 12:30 p.m. to close I-29 from Fargo to the South Dakota border.
- A semi truck towing a flat bed trailer was traveling on I-29 at 4:15 p.m. and passed three NDDOT snow plows. While passing a fourth snow plow, the driver failed to maintain control of the vehicle and struck the snow plow’s passenger side. The collision forced the snow plow into the median and the semi jackknifed into the median. Both drivers were uninjured.
- Troopers and NDDOT snow plows rescued several drivers along I-29. Some of the stranded motorists were transported into Wahpeton or Fargo and approximately 10 were housed at the Colfax Community Center overnight. Approximately five commercial motor vehicles and drivers were stranded between Fargo and Wahpeton overnight in their trucks.
- A trooper and a NDDOT snow plow driver rescued a stranded motorist at 7:15 p.m. in near zero visibility. The stranded driver was on Highway 1 south of Verona and had walked approximately 3 miles from his vehicle.
- Troopers rescued a stranded motorist on I-29 in near zero visibility at 7:45 p.m.