Jan. 1 - Dec. 8, 2014
What does a Manitoba or Saskatchewan farmer need prior to entering the United States?
- DOT registration and United Carrier Registration (UCR).
- Name and DOT number displayed on both sides of the truck.
- Drug and alcohol testing when driving a semi tractor trailer (straight trucks or straight trucks pulling a pup are exempt).
- Within 150 miles of the origin (farm) a log book is not required for a loaded truck hauling farm products. An empty truck on return would be required to have a log book.
- Annual inspection of the vehicle.