Jan. 1 - Dec. 8, 2014
Approved Equipment Permit - Trailer
With an approval equipment permit, a gravel trailer or other short trailer manufactured and registered in ND prior to July 1, 1973 when towed by a truck-tractor will be allowed to carry a maximum gross weight of 74,000 pounds provided it meets the following requirements:
- Load must divisible.
- Measurement from the center of the steering axle to the center of the last trailer axle must be 30 feet or more.
- All axle weights must be legal.
- No tire shall exceed 550 pounds per inch of tire width.
- No travel on the interstate system.
- During spring thaw and on highways with load limits year around, axle weights shall be reduced, www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info.
- Permit cannot be used in conjunction with any other weight exemption permit.
- The permit is valid for a calendar year.
- The fee is $15.