Community Orchard Project
The North Dakota Department of Agriculture is pleased to announce that grant funds are available to begin a community or school orchard project. Grants from $500 to $10,000 will be available on a competitive basis. These grants are funded through a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant award.
Some of the goals that we hope schools and community partners adopt include:
- Connecting people to fruits, trees and nature
- Increased community engagement
- Increased awareness in specialty crops
- Service learning opportunities
- Better nutritional habits and awareness
Deadline: Grant applications must be received by October 23,2015
A decision on the grant requests are expected to be made by mid November.
For additional information please contact Jamie Good at ND Dept. of Agriculture: firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-328-2659.