Revised pesticide regulations soon to take effect
BISMARCK – Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring says pesticide manufacturers, dealers and applicators should review recent changes in North Dakota’s administrative rules related to pesticide use and storage.
“Most of the revisions are intended to make the rules easier to understand and more transparent,” Goehring said. “Although some of the rule changes are relatively minor, others may affect the way people do business.”
Goehring said the changes include
- Clarifying commercial certification classes
- Adding military deferment provisions
- Adding language to meet equivalency for federal container/containment regulations
- Expanding spill kit requirements to include public applicators
- Exempting private pesticide users from storage signage requirements
- Adding discretionary authority for pesticide certification applications
- Requiring additional training for recertifying aerial applicators
The pesticide administrative rules are contained in Titles 60-01, 60-02, and 60-03 of the North Dakota Administrative Code (NDAC). They can be found on the Legislative Council website at www.legis.nd.gov/information/acdata/html/title60.html.