Research proposals sought for ND grape and wine industry
BISMARCK – Research proposals are being sought that support or promote the grape and wine industry in North Dakota.
“The 2013 Legislature created the North Dakota Grape and Wine Advisory Committee to advise the North Dakota Department of Agriculture on the distribution of $80,000 appropriated for industry research and promotion,” Goehring said. “The committee has established criteria for awarding these research grants, and is now seeking qualified applicants.” Goehring said.
The research and promotion grant criteria include:
- The potential impact on the grape, fruit, and wine industry and how effective the project is at enhancing the competitiveness of the industry.
- The expected measurable outcomes including specific goals, benchmarks and performance measure.
- Work plan feasibility and if tasks relate to the project objectives timeline and expected measurable outcomes.
- Matching funds and project commitment based on industry support and stakeholder involvement. In-kind contributions can be considered.
- Geographical considerations and multiple product application.
The application forms can be found on the North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) website, www.nd.gov/ndda. Persons who do not have Internet access should call NDDA at (701) 328-2231 or (800) 242-7535.
Applications should be mailed to:
North Dakota Department of Agriculture
Grape and Wine Grant Application
600 E Boulevard Ave Dept 602
Bismarck, ND 58505-0020
The deadline for proposals is 5 p.m., Friday, Dec. 20.
Applicants will be asked to provide a presentation of up to 20 minutes about their proposals to the advisory committee with a question- and-answer period to follow.
The committee will screen the proposals and provide Goehring with recommendations for awarding grants.